Meet Laura McLean from Small Business Moms…
Today we kick off our regular Thursday feature called “5 Questions with a Mom Entrepreneur.” As a two time mompreneur myself, I know it can feel like a lonely island. Like everyone else gets it or figured it out. But these episodes give you a peek behind the curtain of moms running a small business in many different fields with kids of all ages and varying years of experience. I hope it inspires you. And gives you a sense of camaraderie or that you are not alone.
We kick off with Laura McLean, owner and founder of Small Business Moms. She is a wife and mom to two boys, a dog, and two lizards. She is a minivan driver, coffee lover, and chaos coordinator. Laura’s passion to help other mom business owners to grow their businesses while raising a family. When not helping small business moms, she loves to be outdoors hiking, camping, fishing, and swimming with her family.
You can listen to my chat with Laura at the link above. Or get an over view of her answers below.
1. What do you do in your business and why did you choose it?
To bring other moms running small businesses together
2. What is your greatest strength when it comes to running your business?
Growing Facebook communities and Facebook groups.
3. What is the area entrepreneurship where you could grow the most?
Do self care and self development count – I tend to put myself last.
4. If you were to start your business over today, what piece of advice or lesson learned would you emphasize to yourself?
Delegate or hire as soon as you can so you can focus on your strengths and the things that help your business the most.
5. What is your best advice for balancing business and home life or creating intentional family time?
I most recently took email off my phone, as well as other apps and only check those on desktop on weekday mornings. It was very distracting from important work and family time.