Meet artist and jewelry design Jen McRae…
I met Jen through the Small Business Moms Facebook group. She is absolutely delightful and I love her blend of creative energy and business sense.
Jen McRae found McRae Design where she creates accessories to wear as tiny works of original work art in her studio in North Carolina. Each piece is one of kind and thoughtfully crafted just for you to shine! Jen’s work can be found online and is featured in over 15 galleries and boutiques in North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin, and more coming soon. And was just named one of top 40 North Carolina gifts to give by NC Tripping.
Jen is a mom of two boys, 11 and 14 and three crazy pups!
You can listen to my conversation with Jen McRae at the link above. Or get an overview below.
1. What do you do in your business and why did you choose it?
I create hand painted jewelry. It started as an accident. I was an artist and teacher who had a great idea!
2. What is your greatest strength when it comes to running your business?
Creativity, creative thought and brainstorming, positivity.
3. What is the area of entrepreneurship where you could grow the most?
Email marketing, growing in new areas.
4. If you were to start your business over today, what piece of advice or lesson learned would you emphasize to yourself?
To start sooner and jump in faster.
5. What is your best advice for balancing business and home life or creating intentional family time?
Bring your kids along. Let them help you in your business and learn about it. Also time management, making sure to take vacation and really leave work behind.