Are your limiting beliefs holding you back?
What do you hear the voices in your head saying when you talk yourself out of doing something new? Or something bold? Or something scary? Those voices, my mama friends, are known as your limiting beliefs. And they just might be what is holding you back from reaching the next level of success you crave as an entrepreneur or an uplevel you crave in your personal life.
But today we are going to help you identify and move past those limiting beliefs so you can achieve emotional security and mental strength. And the person to help us do that is Heidi Gruss. Heidi is a licensed psychotherapist and transformation strategist who specializes in working with burned out women seeking a change in their lives. She brings to her clients two decades of clinical and administrative experience in both private and corporate behavioral health settings. Heidi spent four years running a multi-million-dollar behavioral health program for the state of Connecticut that became a model for the rest of the United States.
Through her multi-six figure coaching business, she helps women rapidly identify and overcome negative patterns of behavior that hold them back from success in business, health and life. Her clients have been able to obtain much-deserved promotions, transition into different careers, create greater work-life balance and improve their well-being.
Heidi’s expertise was featured in media outlets such as Master Your Mindset With Coach Marc, The Bigger Braver Show, Grow Your Path to Wellness and Victim to Victory. She has also presented to audiences of thousands on virtual and live stages across the United States. She lives in Waterford, Connecticut, with her husband and three children.
Highlights on Overcoming Your Limiting Beliefs
- Tell me a little about what you do in your practice? Most people seek me out because of my background in psychotherapy. But also because I am a successful business owner. I’ve owned my clinical practice and been an entrepreneur for many years. Because of this experience, I can really empathize with what entrepreneurs experience on their path to success.
- What is your definition of a limiting belief? Ultimately, what I teach my clients is that a limiting belief is just a story. It’s an internal dialogue that’s keeping you stuck in your current circumstances. I use the word “story” because if it were a truth, it would apply to every entrepreneur across the board. Ask yourself “is this true for every person?”
- Now that we know what a limiting belief is, how can identify them in ourselves? Once I ask my clients the questions “is this true across the board?”, it helps them see that there are other options. And once I have the buy in that it isn’t an absolute truth, we can explore what the real block is. For me, the block is typically an emotion.
- Is overcoming these limiting beliefs that hold us back something that will take practice? It’s definitely a tool. Once you overcome a limiting belief the first time, that’s a tool no one can take away from you.
Find Heidi Online and On Social Media
- Website www.heidigruss.com
- Watch “How to Eliminate Burnout & Get a Return on Your Time in 3 Easy Steps!”
- Instagram @heidigruss
- Facebook Heidi Gruss Official
- Linked In Heidi Gruss
Rapid Fire Questions for Heidi
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Morning person, all day.
- What is your favorite activity to do with your family? We love to be outside. We’re heading into beach season. we have a pool.
- What is your favorite activity to do without your family? I love to read.
- Best book you’ve read or listened to recently? Fiction is “Pretty Things” by Janelle Brown. Non-fiction is “Never Split the Difference” by Chris Voss.
- Tool or hack that makes your mom life or work life easier? I swear by my paper planner. I have a whole ritual every morning so I know exactly what’s expected of the day.
Ready to experience better mental, physical, and emotional health without sacrificing additional time and energy? Let’s jump on a free, no-obligation 15-minute clarity call to see how I can help you experience more fun & fulfillment in your work and home life.