If you had to rate your kids’ sleep routine on a scale from 1-10, 10 being the best, how would you rate yours? I know the sleeping habits of kids at any age can have an impact on stress levels and sleeping habits of moms. And we need as little stress and as much sleep we can get when we’re trying to juggle running a business and running a home.
That’s why I’ve brought in an expert to help create healthy sleep habits and routines for our kids. Meet Anna McMillan of Little Winks Sleep. Anna is originally from New Zealand and now lives in British Columbia, Canada, with her hubby and 2 kids. Anna believes in facilitating strong attachment between you and your little one while using the science behind sleep to help your family thrive.
Highlights for Creating a Sleep Routine
- Tell me a little about what you do and how you got started? I work with families to help teach their little ones to sleep and create a sleep routine. I started exploring sleep training when I was a foster parent before I was a biological parent. He was not a good sleeper and I became obsessed with understanding how sleep works. Then when I had my own child I knew there had to be a better way than letting the child “cry it out”. So I because certified and now I have 5 sleep coaches that work with me.
- I think we often focus on the benefits of sleep training our kids on them, but what are some of the benefits for us mom business owners who are trying to juggle it all? First off, your anxiety will rapidly decrease when you have a good sleep routine. And you have a better ability to regulate yourself and your kids when you are well rested. We need to make sure we are managing ourselves so we can manage our businesses properly. And finally, you can remember things. Shifting from short term memory to long term memory happens when we sleep.
- What are some of the signs that we may need to bring in a sleep professional like you for our child? First, ask yourself “am I ready?” You need to be ready to stay consistent even in the hard moments. Then ask yourself “does our current sleep routine cause stress?” If it’s not working for one of the three of you (yourself, the baby, and the other primary caregiver), that’s when we need to look for change and be strategic about it.
- Are there any small steps we can take on our own to start the sleep training process in our home? the first thing we need to take a look at is timing. And you can download my free nap cheat sheet or my free awake times chart to figure out how long your baby needs to be awake. These can be helpful before making any changes to your current sleep routine.
Find Anna Online and On Social Media
- Website – https://www.littlewinkssleep.com
- Instagram – @littlewinkssleep
- Tik Tok – @littlewinkssleep
- Facebook – Little Winks Sleep
- Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3U2Gkx6W_ZIFu1bk3Q-Org
- Pinterest – Little Winks Sleep Baby
Rapid Fire Questions for Anna
- Are you a morning person or a night owl? Night owl.
- What is your favorite activity to do with your family? Swimming.
- What is your favorite activity to do without your family? Pottery or drinking wine. Or pottery while drinking wine. 🤣
- Best book you’ve read or listened to recently? Better Late Than Never by Emma Mahony about mid-life ADHD diagnosis in women.
- Tool or hack that makes your mom life or work life easier? I always wake up before my kids. Whoever starts the day, leads the day.
Ready to experience better mental, physical, and emotional health without sacrificing additional time and energy? Let’s jump on a free, no-obligation 15-minute clarity call to see how I can help you experience more fun & fulfillment in your work and home life.